SM Sygnus Smart IDU with 16 TDM ports, Gigabit PoE and 2 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces, 19″ rack
Part Number: SMS-SMARTIDU-16T1
Manufacturer: Star Microwaves
Data Sheet Installation Manual
SM Sygnus Smart IDU
Microwave Wireless TDM Transport Solution
Smart Indoor Unit (S-IDU) is the ultimate TDM over IP solution for carriers’ Ethernet services with ultra low latency and low jitter connectivity. S-IDU enables transmitting up to 4 E1/T1 over SM Sygnus SHC, VHC Point-to-Point wireless backhauls with ultra-low latency, low jitter connectivity, 1+1 backup redundancy and minimal power consumption. S-IDU is a TDM over IP solution that converts E1/T1 streams into packets for transmission over the network. The ASIC-based architecture provides a robust and high performance solution with minimal processing delay.Product Features
- Scalable 1x E1/T1 up to 16x E1/T1 via software upgrade
- Support for both framed and unframed E1/T1
- 2x GigE 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet interfaces
- ASIC-based architecture minimizes processing delay
- Configurable jitter buffer compensates for network packet delay variation
- Built-in 802.1p & 802.1q based Quality of Service (QoS)
- 4+4 dry contact alarms
- 1+1 hot standby with automatic switchover less than 50ms.
- Highest capacity, extremely low latency and interference rejection technologies are optimized for TDM over IP traffic.
- Built in GigE PoE
- Fully integrated with NMS, SNMP and webbased management.